Jen & Dan Summer Tour 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008

As promised

We are home! We even managed to sleep in this morning until about 10 past five. Jen is very relieved as I am much more recognizeable as a human being when not subjected to instant coffee!



Here is a picture of Jen with one of the aforementioned shark teeth.


















This was taken underwater using my friend's underwater camera. Acutally, this is one of the only shots that came out well from underwater. Not because the camera was of poor quaility (it is actually really nice). Rather, it was because I was busy soiling my wetsuit every time a shark swam by and found myself rather inadequate at fighting back my flight reflex long enough to take a picture. Luckily they had a lid on the top of the cage preventing me from rocketing out of the water each time one of these guys came near.









Here is another one, just for fun.





























Here is Jen in front of one of the larger planes we flew to the various camps in Botswana on. When making one landing, our pilot suddenly pulled us up, causing a several hundered foot difference between the alititude of my stomach and the rest of my body. The evasive manuever was performed in order to avoid the giraffe that wandered onto the runway during our approach.







This was the head of one of the first lion prides we saw, taking a nap under a few trees. We pulled up about 20 feet away and just sat there for about 25 minutes, watching them sleep and yawn and move.




I called him "Sir".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home